Founded in 1927, Mariott started with a small idea: a root beer stand, with top service and hospitality in mind. From there, it grew from a small hotel business to #1 leader in hospitality worldwide.
Through all the years and changes, Marriot’s core values remained the same – their people are their top priority.
Marriott offers exciting different career opportunities globally to people from different backgrounds, careers, and industries. They include competitive benefits, access to wellbeing tools, and travel discounts across their 30 hotel brands.
“My working life has seen me through so many different spots, from the ABC, to running a butcher market to performing as a DJ at concerts and Bars. My new career at the Pier One hotel requires a collection of all the skills learnt at each spot along the way. My favourite aspect of the job is the daily opportunity to mould and mentor my young team of associates, help them grow and to get them to where they want to be (and to fill them in on some vital 90’s pop culture)” – Pete, Leader of the banquets team
Life. With the Works
At Marriott, you can enjoy a more flexible workplace through their FlexiFutures program.
The program was created with the desire to show every team member how their contribution is valued and deeply appreciated.
The core of the program is promoting holistic wellbeing through numerous benefits – you will be able to experience greater freedom to redefine a work-life balance that meets your needs because working at Marriott isn’t work with a side of life, it is – Life. With the Works.
Depending on the job description, some of the benefits of working at Marriott include:
- Flexible working
- Internationally recognized training programs by Marriott International
- Wellbeing & mindfulness programs to ensure you stay healthy
- Employee referral incentive
- Sabbatical leave
- Paid parental leave
- Explore program
- Discounts on hotel rooms including all properties within the Marriott International group
- Discounts on food & beverage across all our hotels
- Birthday leave
Inclusion & Diversity
Since 1927, Marriott has valued diversity and inclusion. With their foundation built upon the wellbeing and happiness of their associates, embracing differences is critical to their success as the largest hospitality company with an ever-growing global portfolio.
Some of the milestones include:
- More than 50% of Senior Global Leadership is diverse, as well as the Board of Directors.
- DiversityInc #1 company for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion across all industries in 2020.
- Global digital learning platforms are available in 17 languages.
- The first and only hospitality company inducted into the DiversityInc Hall of Fame for Diversity & Inclusion in 2021.
“Putting people first in each moment of every day is the heart of our inclusive culture. We are passionate about welcoming and help shape a better world. – Anthony Capuano, CEO