Contact Energy is one of New Zealand’s largest listed energy companies. Focused on delivering great value, great products and great service to customers, Contact Energy deliver electricity, natural gas and LPG products to over 550,00 customers and employing over 1000 people across the country.
Contact Energy was recently named as the top-ranked company on the 2017 global Thomson Reuters Diversity & Inclusion Index, and are recognised as leading the way when it comes to gender diversity and pay equity in New Zealand. Venasio-Lorenzo Crawley, Contact Energy’s Chief Customer Officer said, “We’re proud to have a diverse leadership team and equal gender representation on our Board, with two directors of Maori descent.”
And it’s not just diversity at board and leadership level that Contact Energy is having success. In 2017, 98% of Contact’s female employees were earning the same average salary as males within the same band.
Flexperiment at Contact
Contact understand that everyone is different, and that what they need to flourish personally and professionally with change throughout their lives. They encourage their people to Flexperiment, to create a three-way relationship between individuals, teams and management and use balance, trust, myth-busting and flexperimenting to find what type of workplace flexibility works for you.
When evaluating flexible working options, Contact Energy as their people to consider three things; what’s important to them, what do they access now, and what could they access in the future. These questions lead to robust discussions around Contact Energy options such as FlexiJob, FlexiLeave, FlexiSchedule, FlexiPlace.
In addition to flexible working options outlines above, Contact Energy offer employees a wide range of other incentives:
- Competitive salary and performance incentives
- An Employee Share Ownership Plan
- KiwiSaver – employer contributions to help towards retirement
- RedMed health insurance – Contact Energy partner with Southern Cross Health Society to provide each employee with a health insurance plan which provides all eligible employees with the benefits of private medical cover, at no cost.
- Access to an onsite Occupational Health Nurse
- Employee Assistance programmes – a company funded completely confidential counselling service.
- Discounts on products including generous discounts on your Contact electricity, gas and LPG bills, banking benefits, discounted rental car hire, computer software packages and plenty more.
To find out more about how you can grow your career at Contact Energy, and browse for available jobs visit the Contact Energy employer microsite.