We’re excited to welcome our newest FlexCoach: Linda Assaf! Linda has joined the talented group of career coaches who can help you advance in your career, grow your confidence, and more. Each month they provide us with some of their best tips and advice either on our blog or social media channels.
Tell us about your career history?
I have 17+ years’ work experience predominantly across HR; Talent Acquisition & Strategy, Learning & Leadership Development and Sales/Customer Success. I have redesigned the onboarding process/employee experience for PwC Australia and headed up the Talent & Leadership Development team for KPMG Australia.
The common thread throughout my career has been: “how can I make people’s experiences better?” Whether it’s through an onboarding process, talent program, or understanding who they are more deeply so I can help get them to where they truly want to be. Throughout my career, I have always loved coaching and mentoring team members and colleagues; I am passionate about helping others unleash their own greatness.
What was your motivation to become a coach?
I am motivated by uplifting others and being a source of positivity. I too, have been affected by the COVID-redundancies and have a lot of empathy for those who were also affected. I am also motivated by sharing all of my knowledge and experience in this area; I believe now, more than ever, people need support and help to thrive, not just survive. This time has really helped solidify my purpose of helping others & coaching them to create their most fulfilling and inspiring careers.
What are your areas of coaching expertise?
- Career Coaching
- I am especially passionate about utilising what makes you unique as your superpower. I have really enjoyed coaching women on how to get a pay rise and also coaching a diverse pool of amazing people to embrace what makes them “diverse” and see it as a wonderful advantage!
- I have a lot of experience in this area as I have successfully transitioned careers 4+ times. I really enjoy helping people think about what their unique transferrable skills are and how to re-brand themselves to align to their new career.
- Personal Branding
- I have run countless workshops on personal branding to help uncover what each person wants to be known for and why? I really enjoy helping others cultivate their own unique brand to stand out in the market!
- Interview Coaching
- I have coached hundreds of candidates on how to properly prepare for interviews; I now have it down to a fine art! There are a few key steps that you really should do, to get you into the right headspace for an interview. I even have a few exercises you can do to alleviate those dreaded nerves beforehand.
- Confidence and mindset
- What you believe and how you think about yourself is the key to everything. Henry Ford said it best; “Whether you think you can, or think you can’t – you’re right!” For me, helping you think you can underlines everything I do. I listen to understand and work with you to uncover your unique strengths & help you to see your own greatness; which in turn gives you the confidence to move forward in the right direction.
What do you love most about coaching?
It brings me so much joy to see people make a shift from where they are to where they want to be. I am passionate about helping others unlock their confidence to reach their highest potential. Coaching combines my skill-set, experience, and passion for helping others see what they might not be able to and utilise that new-found confidence & positive mindset to enable them to truly thrive!
What’s the number one career challenge you’re asked to solve?
It depends on who I’m coaching; for women it’s mostly been ‘how do I get a promotion?’ or ‘How do I ask for a pay rise?’ Do you see why I’m so passionate about instilling a sense of confidence in everyone I Coach? Generally speaking though it’s been; ‘how do I figure out what I really want to do?’ & ‘how do I change careers?’
How do you define career success?
Career success for me is the outward manifestation of that secret vision you have for yourself. When you’re doing what you really want to be doing. Put simply: when you’re doing something meaningful, that utilises your skill-set and that you passionately enjoy doing- that’s career success to me.
What’s your vision for the future of work?
The future of work is exciting! People will be empowered to work on their terms. We’re already seeing it happen with COVID: the shift to flexible working is allowing people to focus on their lifestyle and holistic picture of what their ‘career’ encapsulates. It’s prompted many to think about doing their own thing and create their own terms for how they’d like to work. The rapidity of change will not slow down and tech will continue to evolve at speed & disrupt the work we do and how we do it. People will be working from anywhere and everywhere which certainly has its pros, however human-connection will become even more critical.
My advice is: get innovative, use this time to think deeply about what you really want to do, and if you haven’t already – learn to embrace change, because that is one factor I definitely see sticking around!
Thank you for your time Linda!
You can book a free clarity call with Linda here.
Linda Assaf brings 17+ years’ work experience predominantly across HR, Talent Acquisition & Strategy, Learning & Leadership Development and Sales/Customer Success.
She’s worked with 2 of the Big 4 Professional Services Firms, has led and coached high performing teams, and wants to share my insights, skills, and experience with you.
Whether you’re transitioning-careers, on the job-hunt, or wondering what to do next, Linda provides the pragmatic advice and coaching support to help get you to where you really want to be.