FlexCareers is excited to see our partnership with Lion go from strength to strength, offering a wide range of career opportunities across Australia...
BHP offers flexible work, and has a strong inclusive and diversity strategy
BHP has an aspiration of achieving gender balance and 8% indigenous participation across their organisation by 2025.
BHP, a leading global resources company, has partnered with FlexCareers to advertise a number of flexible opportunities to our community.
BHP has an aspiration of achieving gender balance and 8% indigenous participation across their organisation by 2025, and BHP is committed to fostering a culture where its employees can bring their whole self to work.
BHP extracts and processes minerals, oil and gas; resources necessary for families, towns, regions and nations.
It is amongst the world’s top producers of major commodities, including iron ore, metallurgical coal and copper. More than 72,000 employees and contractors work across 90 locations worldwide.
With integrity at its core, BHP cares as much about how it achieves its results as they do about the results themselves.
“Our purpose is to bring people and resources together to build a better world.”
To support the enormous potential and diversity that comes when everyone brings their best, BHP provides career development and learning opportunities, as well as offering flexible styles of work and inclusive leave benefits to suit employees goals both at and outside of work.
“Our people are at the very heart of everything we do.”
Diversity & inclusion a priority at BHP
In 2016, BHP announced an aspirational goal to achieve gender balance by 2025. BHP has made great progress in the three years since they announced their goal and now almost one in four employees is female (24.5 per cent at the end of FY2019, up from 17.6 per cent in 2016).
BHP believes that in providing a flexible workplace this helps to create a high performing culture and increasing productivity and job satisfaction. Some 41% of BHP employees worked flexibly in 2019 flexible working means a lot of different things for different people – it might mean job sharing, working part-time, different start and finishing times or working from home now and again. BHP is committed to making flexible work work for all its employees, not just parents and carers.
“We attract, employ and develop people with exceptional skills who share our values and want to make a difference.”
Other initiatives to make BHP a welcoming place to work include:
- Uncovering and taking steps to mitigate potential bias in systems, behaviours, policies and processes;
- Working hard to close the gender pay gap at BHP, which is currently approximately five per cent for base salaries on a like-for-like role basis. Providing equal pay for equal work is one of the ways we can support inclusion and diversity and achieve our aspirational goal of gender balance by 2025;
- BHP’s Indigenous Development Program (IDP), which was born in WAIO, has been nominated for an award at the Chamber of Minerals and Energy Women in Resources Awards for its success in increasing the representation of female Indigenous leaders within BHP;
- Jasper, an employee inclusion group for BHP’s lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and others (LGBT+) community and its allies; and
- Establishing an Indigenous traineeship program to help increase Indigenous representation at BHP
BHP is focused on creating a safe workplace where our people feel connected to its values.
If you are ready to try something new, and keep life interesting, click here to find out more information.-->
FlexCareers are leading experts in diversity, flexibility and future of work solutions across the entire employee lifecycle. Our careers platform features Australia and New Zealand's largest marketplace of flexible job opportunities, and connects talented individuals with progressive employers offering flexible work. Our employer services include strategy consulting, coaching, branding and training services as well as our proprietary Return to Work Program. Job seekers can also access career support from our expert coaches.